Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

please help!! i installed desktop manager... bb curve 8900

i installed desktop manager and blackberry device manager using the installation cd.

i wanted to transfer some music to my bb from my pc.

the manual says i need to do this through media manager in desktop manager.

THERE IS NO MEDIA MANAGER OPTION!

i only have these options in my desktop manager: application loader, backup and restore, device switch wizard, synchronize.

i have looked under all these settings and still have had no luck.

somebody help me please!

i have even tried repairing the software in control panel.

thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: please help!! i installed desktop manager... bb curve 8900

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Media Manager is an optional component within DTM. It sounds as if the version you installed did not include the option. You will need to download the appropriate version and re-install. You should not need to uninstall what you already have installed. You can obtain all current versions here:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

thank you Smiley Happy

i have now installed the latest software, but there is a catch!

roxio shows my music on the pc but it does not appear on my bb..

any advice?

thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello again,

Well, sorry to sound dumb, but did you synchronize and/or copy any of the music to your BB? Are you attempting to use Media Manager or Media Sync? They are different...but running one to get the media onto your BB is naturally required in order for it to be on your BB.

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................