Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: businessman

plz help me, cant make out going calls and cant recieve incoming calls

hey guys m very upset for my blackberry curve 8520, i was checking the setting mean while when i want to make a call to my friend , i cant do that neither receive calls nor send the message or receive , plz help me out i am a new user i dont know how to fix this problem.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: plz help me, cant make out going calls and cant recieve incoming calls

[ Edited ]

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier?  If so, resend your service books to your phone

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Then register your phone on the network

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00510

If you don't have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier, that's the problem; you need one to make calls and send/receive texts.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi asam7036,

Call you Network the problem might be comming from them. I don't think the problem is comming from your Blackberry

Hope this helped Smiley Happy
If it has helped you please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved.

Manu222100
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

And try calling next to a window
Hope this helped Smiley Happy
If it has helped you please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved.

Manu222100
New Contributor

what is data plan with your carrier???? i m a new user please le me understand this problem , i changed my sim to the other mobile it works but it is not working in my black berry , BB have signals but it is not recieving or sending calls nor messeges
New Contributor

i dont have internet facility on my blackberry , my problem is just that i m not recieving and sending messeges and callls
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

When you sign up for service with a carrier, you pay a monthly fee (or a pay-as-you-go fee) to access their services with your phone.  Every other phone uses a generic data plan which will work as well with one phone as it will with the next.  BlackBerry phones are different.  The data that goes to your BlackBerry phone (emails, texts, facebook, twitter, internet, etc.) goes through RIM's servers where it's compressed then sent to your phone.

If you don't have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier, you won't be able to access many BlackBerry features.  Call your carrier to confirm if you have one or not.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

my problem is that i cant recieve calls and cant make calls from my blackberry curve