01-05-2009 01:14 AM
hi, i cannot get pocketmac to locate the storm. it worked fine before trying media sync (cal, tasks, mp3, pics, etc. all worked). so i'm back to square one.
i uninstalled media sync and have now reinstalled pocketmac along with the update. i was hesitant to download media sync, but wanted to give it a try to see what it will look like later...of course, i don't know what i was thinking. i must have been lucky to have a bberry sync'd mac.
02-28-2009 09:36 PM
Installed media sync and saw that it doesnt work with pocket mac or any other syncing. Uninstalled it. Uninstalled pocket mac (how to is below). I cant believe how much that download screwed my BB Bold up. Not reading media card now either!!! HELP!!!!It worked fine before that!
To completely uninstall PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones, complete the following steps:
1. Log in to the Apple Macintosh computer with an account that has administrator-level permissions.
2. Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
3. From the left menu bar, select Applications, and then open PocketMac Sync Manager.
4. Click Uninstall PocketMac.
5. When prompted to continue uninstalling PocketMac, click Yes.
6. When the uninstall process is complete, click Quit.
7. Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
8. Select the Users folder. The current user is indicated by the Home icon.
9. Click the Home icon to continue.
10. Open the Library folder, and then open the Preferences folder.
11. Delete the PocketMacBlackberry.plist file.
12. Delete the PocketMacAdvancedPreferenceData.plist file.
13. Delete the PocketMacSyncManager.plist file.
14. Open the Library folder, and then open the Application Support folder.
15. Delete the PocketMac and PocketMacSyncManager folders.
16. Empty the Trash from the Dock by right-clicking and selecting Empty Trash.
17. Restart the Apple Macintosh computer.
However, there is one step missing from this list, and do this before connecting your Curve to your Mac: (this step is necessary)
go to : Macintosh HD/system/library/extensions and delete the 2 Blackberry files with the .kext extension, empty your "Trash" folder and do one more restart.
Now you get to have the fun of re-installing the software again. And just to hit the extreme basics (sorry if is offended):
1) Disconnect your Curve
2) Install Desktop Software, restart
3) Install Driver Update, restart
4) With phone still disconnected, start software and set up your configurations, iCal, Contacts and so on
5) Connect phone and sync.