Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet

printing directly from tablet to printer without desktop

[ Edited ]

Okay....stupid question.....besides how to post a NEW post rather than reply to a similar question, as I have done here. I apologize to the original author, but perhaps we will both benefit from a response received.       I have a new playbook and receive many offers that require printing out things. Unfortunately, this device is the only computer I own. Thus, I do NOT have a pc to download/print through. I was willing to purchase a printer to use; however, it appears that such will not work...even through an application to work with my wifi. I do have friends with pcs/printers, of course, and have thought of merely emailing things there; unfortunately, the programs with the offers recognize isps for security reasons (so that people do not take advantage of offers through varied e-mails), thus making such a solution impossible. Similarly, friends are not to thrilled with the idea of installing alot of applications that they are unfamiliar with...nor going through a myriad of steps just to help me get a few helpful offers. Any suggestions? Or am I pretty much out of luck until something more advanced comes along?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: printing directly from tablet to printer without desktop

[ Edited ]

hello islandreamingma,

there are some apps that enable your PlayBook to send documents to a WiFi printer.

I know HP did some stuff with their ePrint technology, and otherwise you can try this app:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/109791/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet

Re: printing directly from tablet to printer without desktop

First of all I wanted to thank you for your prompt response, as well as the relocation/redirection of my query Smiley Happy I will try your suggestions and let you know how they go. Thanks again!