Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: 48

Re: problem apps + upgrading

sorry about delay in replying. You're a genius .Got it sorted today.
thanks again for your advise.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey shazgreenhalgh

You are most welcome Smiley Happy

I'm really happy to hear that your issue has been resolved .

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hiya prince,

As u where the bomb on my last problem I was wondering can I rack your brain again?

1) Is it possible to set up my email on my BB without BIS data plan, so I can send + receive emails let say set up my gmail. a/c on the ph?
2)Is it possible to fix the ph so I can send MMS (currently can't send picture messages nor could I before I changed networks)
3)How do I change my default browser to Opera mini (which I downloaded) just so I can stop the phone using BB browser when ever I go to apps + view details it goes through BB browser internet for news + updates for example. Browser configurations is currently on Hotspot and no other options showing to select.

I tried to register with BIS (can't even rem what email address I set up when I 1st got the BB ) and BIS said that can't connect with Wifi + to make sure it compatible with URL (which I don't understand)..

Thanks 4 your time
Shaz
Elite II

Hey Shaz

Yes you can rack by brain anytime you like Smiley Wink

I 'm sorry to say but this time you won't like my responses ! Because :

1. No without an active BIS you'll not be allowed to setup your personal email , or send or recieve emails. To get those BlackBerry push email notification you need BIS. ( On opera mini you can check your emails )

2. MMS is a part of Carrier data services , without BIS you may not be allowed but you should ask your carrier to confirm if they offer such service , they can advice you what is needed .

3 . You can't change your default  browser to Opera Mini . If you're over an wifi network then choose hotspot browser it will be fine , If you want to choose other then hotspot then you have to active BIS which will offer Internet browser .  

shazgreenhalgh wrote:
I tried to register with BIS (can't even rem what email address I set up when I 1st got the BB ) and BIS said that can't connect with Wifi + to make sure it compatible with URL (which I don't understand)..

Shaz , 

If you want to activate BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS then call or contact your carrier or mobile network provider , they will Register your device and will push those service books which are required to use most BlackBerry application over your mobile network or even over wifi . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

thanks at least I know
Cheers
s
Highlighted
Elite II

Shaz you are always welcome Smiley Happy

Cheers !