Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: 48

Re: problem apps + upgrading

sorry about delay in replying. You're a genius .Got it sorted today.
thanks again for your advise.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey shazgreenhalgh

You are most welcome Smiley Happy

I'm really happy to hear that your issue has been resolved .

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hiya prince,

As u where the bomb on my last problem I was wondering can I rack your brain again?

1) Is it possible to set up my email on my BB without BIS data plan, so I can send + receive emails let say set up my gmail. a/c on the ph?
2)Is it possible to fix the ph so I can send MMS (currently can't send picture messages nor could I before I changed networks)
3)How do I change my default browser to Opera mini (which I downloaded) just so I can stop the phone using BB browser when ever I go to apps + view details it goes through BB browser internet for news + updates for example. Browser configurations is currently on Hotspot and no other options showing to select.

I tried to register with BIS (can't even rem what email address I set up when I 1st got the BB ) and BIS said that can't connect with Wifi + to make sure it compatible with URL (which I don't understand)..

Thanks 4 your time
Shaz
Elite II

Hey Shaz

Yes you can rack by brain anytime you like Smiley Wink

I 'm sorry to say but this time you won't like my responses ! Because :

1. No without an active BIS you'll not be allowed to setup your personal email , or send or recieve emails. To get those BlackBerry push email notification you need BIS. ( On opera mini you can check your emails )

2. MMS is a part of Carrier data services , without BIS you may not be allowed but you should ask your carrier to confirm if they offer such service , they can advice you what is needed .

3 . You can't change your default  browser to Opera Mini . If you're over an wifi network then choose hotspot browser it will be fine , If you want to choose other then hotspot then you have to active BIS which will offer Internet browser .  

shazgreenhalgh wrote:
I tried to register with BIS (can't even rem what email address I set up when I 1st got the BB ) and BIS said that can't connect with Wifi + to make sure it compatible with URL (which I don't understand)..

Shaz , 

If you want to activate BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS then call or contact your carrier or mobile network provider , they will Register your device and will push those service books which are required to use most BlackBerry application over your mobile network or even over wifi . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

thanks at least I know
Cheers
s
Highlighted
Elite II

Shaz you are always welcome Smiley Happy

Cheers !