Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: tmobile(unlocked)

problem in 9780 battery or camera phone(no idea plz help)

Hey guys,
I have a 9780 bold tmobile(unlocked) and it has been giving me problems. Even after fully charging the battery when I use the camera with autoflash mode it says battery too low for flash use and sometimes the cell switches off as soon as I click a pic.I thought it was some software issue so I reinstalled the latest OS.This won't happen if I start camera while charging the phone.Also the battery meter fluctuates like from full to red.And while jusing wifi for about 20mins in full charge it says battery low shutting down handheld and it shuts off..After the battery shows low,after sometime it comes back to 100%(how much it was before) and the cell and the battery works completely fine until I use the internet or the camera,wifi etc.Is there anyone having the same problem? Anyone knows where the problem is? Anyone has a solution?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: problem in 9780 battery or camera phone(no idea plz help)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your battery may be going bad...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Ok but is there a possiblity that the new battery I put will work fine for sometime then it may get spoilt too coz of my phone?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Anything at all is possible. You are dealing with probabilities, and there are no 0's nor 1's...only everything in between. But I would place your proposition here down low in that probability scale...not zero, but low.

Also, I am not suggesting you buy a new battery; while rare, a new battery certainly can be defective. Rather, I am suggesting a "known good" battery -- the best way to obtain that is to find someone with an identical BB who does not have the problems you have; trade batteries and see what happens.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

So I did is I took my friends good battery and used it for few hours and my phone was working perfect..but I gave my battery to my friend too and his cell was working fine with my battery too until I captured a pic with flash on in his cell...now what?
Contributor

He roo captured pics wid my battery in his cell and worked fine but when I did(wid fflash on) it got off wid my battery in...so does this mean that there's a prob in the battery and I should buy a new battery?
Hall of Famer III

So, the problem does not repeat on your BB when you use a different battery. But the problem does repeat on a different BB using your battery. From that, one deduces that the battery is the problem...unless I've misunderstood your result.

Hall of Famer III

fzn_shaikh wrote:
He roo captured pics wid my battery in his cell and worked fine but when I did(wid fflash on) it got off wid my battery in...so does this mean that there's a prob in the battery and I should buy a new battery?

Wid???? Roo???

Anyway, all you describe (or at least what I can understand of it) indicates your battery to be the problem...and replacement therefore would be the recommended attempt at solution.

Good luck!

Contributor

*too and with*
Contributor

And is it true that bb batteries(genuine) are available only in bb store and the rest are either fake or copies? And what would be the price of bold3 battery genuine one