Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Excelcomindo

problem setting email

Hi, I've been using BB Torch for a month, and I'm using a local telecommunication provider excelcomindo (I'm from Indonesia) as my BB service... it works fine, the BB services, Email, Facebook, browsing, and everthing went well...

a few days ago i had a trip to Australia, at Australia I change my  telecomunication provider to Crazy John's... the BB services also ok...it work...but I notice that my email folder was empty (back in Indonesia I setup 5 different email accounts in my balckberry).. i didnt bother with that since I dont need email services in Australia..

the problem came when I get back to Indonesia

as I change my sim card from (australia) Crazy John's to (Indonesia) Excelcomindo I can see that my blackberry service working just fine... but I notice my emai folder still empty...

so i setup email and it says that I need to move my email accounts from my old device to the new devices in order to keep receiving email at my blackberry (funny coz i still use the device) and then I select "move" and the blackberry ask me to validate the email by entering all my email passwords...

I did all the validations of my email accounts by entering the passwords...and it says everything is done...

and I select "back to setup" and I close the setup menu.

but then I realize that my email folder stll empty, so I go to the setup email again, and it says the same thing..

that I need to  move my email accounts to the new device, and then I validate the emails again...but still the email folder is empty...

then I go to message...I try to compose new email

then pop a window saying "No message service configured you will be redirected to the setup wizard to setup your email account.

wow...that really amaze me... after 5 times setup my email and still didn't work...

anyone can solve my problem...

Visitor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: problem setting email

Hi there, I'm also from Indonesia and had exactly the same problem with my Torch when I got back from Thailand. 

y have tried searching from internet how to fix it but I didn't get any solutions.

So what I did? I replaced the email software for my blackberry (fortunately I replace the old email sotware with the updated one), and IT WORKS !

Now I can use my push emal and  live happily thereafter Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: problem setting email

Have you spoken to your service provider? Failing that:
Select "Options"; select "device"; select "Advanced System Settings"; select "Host Routing Tables"; if the page says "empty" then you need to register your device. Press Menu button and sellect "Register Now"
Hopefully this will re-register your device with the BB network.