Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

problem setting up a mail account

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I have on my 8300 curve. I have my Blackberry email setup and what I am trying to do is set my work email up. My work email uses Microsoft Outlook as a mail client...On my Blackberry I am going to email setup, create an email setup and then it goes to the AT&T website and then connects to Blackberry Internet Service. I click on email accounts and go to add an email account. from there It asks for an email address in which I am entereing (username@domainname.com.) It then asks for the password of what I am assuming to be my work email password. I then click next and I get the message that unable to configure. I then try to manually enter it and get an error...anyone have any ideas or solutions?? Right now I am having them forwarded to my Blackberry via the mail client at work but, I know that is not the problem. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: problem setting up a mail account

I got the same message while setting up one of my accounts. It was because I was typing it in incorrectly. ( see signature Smiley Happy ). I think the carrier checks to see if it's a valid email account. Yes the pswd is the one you are going to use with the account. In your case your work email pswd.

I'm sure you're typing it in right, you may have to call AT&T.

Maybe this will help!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: problem setting up a mail account

Your device may have to be configured for enterprise email.  I know on Verizon's network, if you are using a work email it must be provisioned on the account (only your wireless carrier can do this) for an extra charge of course.  The BB's can be configured for personal email at one price and work email at a different price structure.

Stevie Ray! 1954-1990

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.