Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: BlackBerry
Accepted Solution

problem with bbm7

Hi I am facing alot of problem with BBM7 and I want to downgrade to BBM6. I cannot find the link for bbm6 nor can I find it on app world. please let me know how and where can I get BBM 6 from.

Jasjit

(India)

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: problem with bbm7

Hi jasju

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You may face issues because BBM7 is currently not available for India . So to Install BBM6.2 Try this : 

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back .

After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6  and download  BBM 6.2 

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Thank you for the solution it worked for me on my bold 9900. But my messages getting delivered slowly inspite of full network never had this problem wen I had installed bbm7. Any solutin for it.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi jasju

If you're in a location where you have a strong signal , and only having problem with BBM then you can do a reboot by removing the battery while your device is powered on , rebooting in this manner fixes most issue within our Devices.

Or perform those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

You can try those steps whenever you feel any issue within your device related to data services, provided its not a Carrier issue with there Network.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.