Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9860
My Carrier: claro
Accepted Solution

problem with blackberry protect

Hi

May BlackBerry protect program always make a back up daily automaticaly. Today i needed to make a wiping to my blackberry 9860 but when i looked to the back up files there where none.

It really surprise me because the blackberry protect was activated and when i eventualy check the program it was making the back up's daily.

Can some one help and see if i can found my information in very worried about may loss of data.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: problem with blackberry protect

Hello danilosoriano

Welcome to the Community

Blackberry Protect saves the backup data through the internet and if you reinstall the Blackberry Protect onto your phone after a Security Wipe, it will ask you to login to your Blackberry ID and after that it will ask you if you will be restoring from a Backup or start anew. If you start anew, the backup will be archived online. Did you choose to start all over or restore from a Backup File?

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9860
My Carrier: claro

Hi ron:

Thanks for answering

No i first log in to my blackberry phone I'd and I tryed first to do a restore from yesterday because I have it programmed back ups daily. But it only appear the model for my blackberry 9860 with no back up and another back up from the last phone i hade a blackberry torch 9810 and extrangely appeared from a january 2012 back up.

Fortunately I had a back up in my blackberry desktop manager but this was from March 30 so I loose 15 days of information from meetings phones etc etc.....

Last time I did a restore just when I change to this phone appeared many options of restore days.

I really don't now why this happeed

Help!
Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Hello, I have a similar problem, I hope someone can help me. I'm using bbp to restore data to my bb torch, because time after time the last year's appointments get erased from the calendary. This worked well until recently. Now bbp keeps on saving on a daily basis, but when I try to restore data to my bb the app only offers me the backup version of the 23rd of july. (The latest one should be of the 15th of august!) I need my calendary, cause i use it as some kind of personal diary! How can I get through to the latest backup version?