02-13-2014 07:39 AM - last edited on 02-17-2014 10:17 PM by jakoby4204
HELLO, please i was wondering if someone could help me to resolve this issue with my blackberry curve 8520 ,pin number [removed], my problem is that i accidentally downloaded version 4.5 on my pc and pluged my blackberry curve 8520 version 4.6 and then it wiped everything and when operated it again it gave reload software 513 ,i've tried everything to fix it but nothing worked ,i downloaded blackberry desktop 7.1 ,when it detects it afterwards its says no software availble for this device contact your service provider ,then they told me to remove vendor.xml and that what i did but still doesn't work ,then i downloaded blackberry desktop version 5.0 , i opened it and went to update software then i plug my phone it detects the pin but at the bottom of the bar where its written version 5.0 the pin indicates none and says disconnected please help me out ,thanyou
02-17-2014 07:59 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
In all you provided, I cannot quite tell if you have done EXACTLY this process...the order of this process is critical, as is the success of each step before proceeding to the next step.
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
Good luck and let us know!