Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

problem with my bluetooth headset?

well i have sony bluetooth headset..and i know paired the device right. i leave my bluetooth on on my fone, but when i turn the head set on, i get a messege that it connects, but when i tried to make a call it rang from the fone and not to the head set...i always have to manually disconnect and reconnect my head set by goin to the bluetooth options. and when i do so, it gives me a different messege then when i turn on my headset? does anyone have this problem? i dont know if my headset is faulty..but the headset never really works untill i go to the bluetooth options and reconnect. any advice would be helpful thanks
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: problem with my bluetooth headset?

Hi and welome to the forums!

The only way I an duplicate your first example: I enable my Jara earbud by starting it and it is discoverd by the phone (already been paired) if I place the call through the earpiece initializing voice dialing The speaker key is inadvertantly turned on, and it rings from the handset.

When you go into bluetooth options you say it gives you a different message. What is the first "normal" message you see, and then what is the second "different message" ?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

well i leave my bluetooth on like i said. and i turn my head set on and the messege says its "connection suceeded" and under it its like "headset" with a check next to it.  but when i play music or try to use it as a head set for calling nothing comes from the headset. so then i have to to the bluetooth options and dissconnect then connect again and when i do so it says "connection suceeded" but under it it says " headset, stereo audio, and a/v remote control" with checks next to each. why doesnt it connect the stereo audio and a/v control the first time i turn on my headset? i always have to do this its annoying and i really dont think it supposed to work like this thanks man 
Guru I

[ Edited ]

You some how picked the others as usable bluetooth options.

Deselct those and just keep the headset. See if your headset acts normal.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-19-2008 03:33 AM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

how do u pick the options? that screen just pops up and goes away...but after i disconnect it and reconnect it and that screen shows up....the head sets work...the first time i turn my head sets on...it doensnt and i have to manually do it, i really dont understand wuts wrong or why i have to do it manually all the time to work
New Contributor

i actually figured out how to work the whole thing now...i just had to push certain buttons on my sony headset in order for the certain properties to work on the fone, thanks for the help though appreciate it if anyone else has a problem with these head sets id be welcome to explain it to them.
Highlighted
Guru I

JohnJohn,

Glad you got it running!

Please take a momnent and resolve the post, Thanks