Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: idea

problem with new curve 9220

[ Edited ]

hii,

i have recently bought a new curve 9220 but finding a real serious problem that is it gets hang every time i try to pick the incoming call.

even it gets hang when there is a missed call.

anyone plz assist me solve this problem.

<Personal Content Removed> 

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: problem with new curve 9220

Have you tried removing the battery for 30 seconds?
- Ira
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Local Store

Even I got the 9220 2 days back, it goes to a full hang after a few hours when kept idle. We cannot help but keep doing a battery pull every 2 hours. This seems like a MAJOR software bug which RIM needs to fix!

New Contributor

Even I got the 9220 2 days back, it goes to a full hang after a few hours when kept idle. We cannot help but keep doing a battery pull every 2 hours. This seems like a MAJOR software bug which RIM needs to fix!

New Contributor

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Savar, you do not need to repeat your post.

If you have a microSD media card installed, remove it and test for a while.

Take a look at your third-party (user-installed) apps. Delete those you don't absolutely need. Test for a while. If all is well, add your discretionary apps one at a time and test in between.
- Ira
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dear All, I had a very bad experience with this world class product. On 7th of may i have purchased a newley launched 9220 curve and on 11th may it started givinig a problem of kepad not working. when someone calls, i cant receive a call even cant do silent or cut the call. and for that company has replaced the phone with new one after running for 4 days behind service centre people. So i got a new phone on 15th may. Again on 28th may, same problem is started in new phone. and since 28th may i am running for DOA. Can anyone send me any contact no. for Blackberry officials or email id of India. ?? Such a worst service of RIM.

Also i would like to say that there is no any media card or third party application installed.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220

I also face the same problem with curve 9220. I bought it yesterday from Vjay Sales, Kalyan.

Not able to pickup the call and keyboard gets hanged on missed call in regular intervals.

Its really a PPCD (Post Purchase Cognative Dissonance), I spending my time and energy to visit to Blackberry Service Centre all the way from Kalyan to Dadar. just to fixup the issue.

My Device: Blackberry 9220
My Carrier: Redington

I have read a lot of Users posting heating and hanging issues with Blackberry Curve 9220

I was excited to have bought the newly launched Blackberry Curve 9220, however was least bothered to encounter what was in store for me during the coming days. The nightmare started the very next day when i could feel my BB Device heating up automatically in standby and the battery draining within 3-4 hrs. of full charge. If this was not enough, my 1 day old device started to hang on every other call where i couldn’t pick the incoming call and had to remove the battery every time this happened.

I thought this was a minor issue and would rectify within a day or two. But to my dismay this started increasing as time passed by.....and I was completely frustrated within 10 days of my device purchase.

I rushed to Redington Office @ Cunningham Road and they kept my device for 1 day for issue verification. I demanded a DOA certificate so that I could get another 9220 device from the same dealer (No other choice).

Questions to RIM -

1) Is RIM working to release a Firmware update to the device that takes care of these issues.

2) If not - Are you considering taking back this devices and replacing with a better model/money?

3) Why wasn't this device tested for these issues before releasing in Indian market and spoiling User Experience.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree to your concern... But surprisigly they are not doing such things not even bothered to reply to the cuctomers.