Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: problem with new curve 9220

Saver I agree with aiharkness !  you had not cleared aiharkness post i.e.., whether u have installed any microsd card,any third party application, you must clear all this things because these are interrelated . there are a few things I can advice :

1. first of all u check ur phone memory, free up phone memory by moving it to media card,cause everything is by default stored in phone memory like contacts,messages, photos ,application download,media etc.there is a help guid in your smartphone that how to clean memory.Because if ur phone memory fulls it will it will also result in hang ups.

2. If you had installed any unknown application whether it may be from BBA remove it , cause this all unknown softwares may  conflict with your smartphone software which also may lead to hang ups, cause if u have installed u can notice that after every install this softwares ask for your permission to be granted as trusted application.

Some user had problem with  battery, to some extent I agree with them, as compared to other  smartphones it has short battery backup, but it is also to keep in mind that u are using blackberry ,even in standby  our smartphone does not sleeps , to keep us updated socially or by any other mean it want resourses which it gets from battery, that is why I personally advice all users not to install any unnessary apps. cause this will also consume resourses which result in more drainage of battery.

These are my oppnion click like if u consider it helpful.  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Is anybody there who can listen to the customer ????

I went to the Blackberry Service station, they said can be a problem in software, and they reinstalled it.

But same problem is still there.

Are RIM people reading this messages. and eagar to help.

New Contributor
My Device: 9220 curve
My Carrier: VMS mobifone

I got the same problem with 9220!!!!!!!! >"< even it also hangs when alarm time starts >> I removed the baterry for a while but I think it's not a solution for this seriouly problem

Anybody helps !!

Elite II

Hi quingxing,

Welcome to the Community,

As your Pc require restart as so our device, there may be multiple reason if a device hangs,Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always  Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating of your device quick drainage of battery and also make you device slow.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

1 .    How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

2 .    Maximum Battery Life 

And ofcourse our device need battery pull restart Reset a BlackBerry smartphone

Good Luck

Prince

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

New Contributor

Hi Prince2012

I confirm that there's no any application programes running beside 5 background applications of BB, my device's baterry is fine

Thanks for your advice

Elite II

Hi qingxing,

Well that's good, Just remember whenever you feel or see any unusual in your device always the best solution isFirst  perform a Battery Pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot. then see if problem persist.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smiley Sad The problem almost is not solved even the provider upgrades the new OS 7.1.0.523 for my device. it just can work well 1 week. WHAT'S THE BB'S  BASIC FUNC...? Is is a smart phone? I just need calls,sms ..that's it

This device should not be sold to customer until RIM can fix the basic error >"<

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have bought curve 9220 1.5month back, This phone started giving this problem from the very begining. I am unable to receive call (The call receive button does not work), only the disconnect button works and this problem is frequent.

Another problem is during call the surrounding sound is transmitted to my ear via the phone's earpiece speaker, really annoying.

I have submitted the device to Reddington Blackberry service centre at Minto Park Cresent Tower kolkata . They told  that they will send the phone to Bangalore for servicing. I have asked if they can provide a new one, they told NO.

If the problem still persist after servicing( some posted the problem after service). How can i get new one and  what is the DOA certificate?