Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 447845697421

problems BBM contacts restore

I have a new blackberry cruve 9360 and I want to restore my previous bbm pin from my previous 9360.  I have all my contacts backed up via blackberry protect, but it will not let me restore as it says 

"this data is already wirelessly sychronised with a remote service and cannot be restored By Blackberry protect"

What does this mean?  How do I get my old contacts back? 

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: problems BBM contacts restore

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For whatever reason, wireless contact sync is active on your BB, which results in the message you see. Refer (note that there are two places for you to check on your BB):

• KB22430 How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

If you indeed are using a server-based (e.g., Google) service for your contacts, then that is considered the "master", and prohibits the use of restoration from other sources. You must shut off that wireless configuration in order to use other data sources.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thank you, that worked, but i  still cant get my old bbm contacts, is there anyway i can go back to my old pin??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

OK...so I'm confused...it worked, yet it didn't work? Please expand on that, including exactly what now happens when you attempt to restore from Protect.

FYI -- the BB PIN is a unique identifier hard-coded into each BB. To do as you ask ("go back to" your "old pin") would require falling back to your old device. So I'm not quite sure of what you desire with that question...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

when i restore it, all of my contacts(moblie and landline numbers) and messages come back, but my bbm contacts do not. 

Hall of Famer III

Ahhh...OK...here's why:

• KB25062 How to use BlackBerry Protect to back up data on a BlackBerry smartphone

See the data in the "Options For Types of Data to Backup" section, the "Contacts" area within that:

• BlackBerry Protect does not back up BlackBerry Messenger contacts

You can find the proper instructions for BBM Contact Backup here:

• KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Good luck!