Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: problems bbm 5 restore contacts via email

Same issue here on my 8900. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New Developer
My Device: blackberry 9930
My Carrier: nextel/ sprint

they are removing the in - depth beautiful fundementals that are BlackBerry. I have a 9930 and when I first got it, all I did was enter my email address and all of my contacts popped up along with the last twenty emails I had recieved. Honestly, that is the sign of a sinking ship: the stripping away of fundemental features. For what though, a stupid app monitor, nfc; something that has yet to be useful in a place like "last place for technology, Chattanooga, Tn". I went through a two day ordeal to find this out. thinking that it was me, who did something wrong for my contacts to not come back; only to find out that its yalls fault. I shouldnt have to back up my personal / business information on a cloud for some disgruntled tech head to come and hack or even back it up on a memory card manually. If I dont loose the card( micro-scopic sd) I'll more than likely back up my contacts once and then have an out of date back up if I do ever need it in a "spur of the moment" scenario. Ive had two 8350i's a 9780 and this 9930. I, as a habitual BlackBerry user expect, deserve and demand better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the removal of highly effective device functions is what you call the future, Im better of with a different brand all together. I had the number of a hot girl in my contacts before I applied this latest update to my device and now its gone................... I was @ work foaming @ the mouth when I realized this isnt my doing. Suck doesnt begin to describe you as a company right now. Im truly disgusted. back when I purchased my first BB I felt like it meant something to have one. Now its like **bleep** I made a bad decision. Knowing that I could have gotten an Iphone 4S from sprint instead. Yall really need to quit **bleep**ing around. We were the few and the proud; now we're just the few.

J.R. The MotorMan