Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: problems trying to get music on bb storm

It doesn't show up on my computer at all. It use to but it doesn't now and I have no idea what I did but I know it has something to do with my pc.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Computer Management =>Disk Management. When you get here check the right assignment of the disk drive letter. Windows XP is very stupid to assign the same letters to the external FW/USB disks and network assigned disks if you connected to some shared disks via LAN like I usually do. At least if the external USB drive, in this case your Phone Card, is correctly connected, you should see it in the list of devices and you should be able to assign the right drive letter. As soon as it's doen you wil be able to see this drive in the File Manager. I can recommend you my favorite one - Total Commander. You can get it from www.ghisler.com. And forget about syncing files via the Desktop (Media?) Manager. Isn't easier to do the same stuff using Total Commander or any File Manager? Finally be sure to delete all hidden bbthumb.dat, or how they called, files from your phone if you change the content of the diretory deleting/adding files. Using TC you can scan all subfolders and delete these files just in a few clicks. They will be recreated as soon as you unplug your phone.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

I have this exact same issue.  I have performed as many trouble shooting tasks as I can come up with which includes everything in this forum.  I dead end on this forum on the disk management.  My storm is not listed.  I can sync no problem with desktop manager.  I have even tried with 3 computers, windows 7, xp pro, xp home.  When I first had my BB I loved being able to browse and organize my files via drive letters in my computer.  Why cant I get this back?  Surely I cant be alone on this

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

I have devoted a good portion of my evening and night on this today.  I am done until I can anymore suggestions on this.  Here is my final troubleshooting step:

1. disconnected my blackberry performed a repair and file mgmt on the memory card and then removed it.
  2. Options/security/wipe memory "wipe all"
  3. remove BB Desktop mgr, MM media sync
  4. performed full Symantec registry cleanup for remaining BB, Rim traces
  5. downloaded latest vs. of BB Desktop and BB Media Sync
  6. Media Sync followed with an update
  7. verified settings on BB Storm 9530 for encryption off, everything else on
  8. verified synchronization settings on BB Desktop where still at default to prevent an instant sync
  9. with media card still out and connections turned off I then connected the Storm waited for the completion of the USB drivers
  10. went straight to media/BB media sync
  11. Same F^%&#^%&# error message
  12. I then disconnected the BB, rebooted the PC (windows 7), inserted the media card in the Storm, performed a battery pull, loaded BB Desktop, connected Storm/media/BB media sync
  13. please refer to step 11
  14. the only step I have not done is wipe out the SD card or try a new one.  I lean to disagree if you think it is the card.  I do not have a handy card reader nor do I have a backup of the 300ish pictures on it.  Which is why I am trying to get the jimminey christmas mother hen of a media sync to work.

An interesting side note I found before wiping all of this out.  I tried the BB Roxio/VZW media manager out.  It did show my card and phone as well as previews of the files and folders.  When I tried to copy,move,import any of them and it opened the transfer window it stated "no compatible device"

help Smiley Sad