Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: mtn

problems with 10 month 9300

Hy fam

I recently experienced problems with my 9300 device, it goes off anytime it wants then take hours sumtyms days to switch itself automatically on. I have tried everything like deleting appS, device wipe now I'm clueless pls help me I can't afford to wait 4 -6 weeks while it is being repaired
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: problems with 10 month 9300

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may want to consider more drastic steps -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, "Bare Bones" OS Reload Diagnostic Process, etc. If you would like to try any of those, we can provide further instructions...just be sure you are fully prepared (e.g., backups, etc...see a link in my auto-sig for information).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I have tried the safe mode, hope it works. What could b a permanent way to solve this problem? I really dnt care about lossing my info aslong as I have my phone in its normal ways......
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I don't know...all I can do is guess based on what you report. At the moment, you are in the middle of the Safe Mode diagnostic test...depending on the result, your potential remedy path will be different. But, until we have a result, anything is purely speculation. Let us know when you have a result.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

How will I knw that result? For how long should my phone stay on safe mode and how will I know when to leave safe mode? What I can tell u is so far so good my phone hasn't gone off. I dnt have much left on my phone memory now only bbm, whatsup and facebook
Contributor

Safe mode ddnt help bcoz my phone just went off again 8hours after safe mode turned on
Hall of Famer III

Excellent...we have a result! The trick with Safe Mode is to wait for either the behavior to re-appear, or wait long enough to be confident that the behavior won't re-appear. And only you can make the judgment about how long is "long enough".

Then again, 8 hours could simply be battery depletion...what was your battery level when it shut off? If it was more than perhaps 10 or 15 %, then the shut down would be abnormal...if it was less, then it could be normal.

If the shutdown was abnormal, then your next test is of the battery itself...to determine if it's your battery or your BB that is the cause...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Contributor

Good day,

Normaly such reboots occur even when the phone is fully charged or when it is in the charger..... So I rule out the b3
Hall of Famer III

I'm only concerned about the reboot that happened while in Safe Mode, for that was the diagnostic test that you were conducting. Any other behavior is irrelevant to the Safe Mode test result. And all you said about that was that it "just went off again 8hours after safe mode turned on"...you gave no further information (e.g., was it in the charger?), so I can't make any determination as to if that particular reboot was normal (e.g., battery depletion) or abnormal. Hence, the choices I gave you.

And I've no idea what "the b3" is...

Contributor

Oh sorry B3 is battery. I really dnt knw what to do next because the battery was my first thing to suspect bt on my friends phone it worked well.....