02-07-2013 04:33 PM
02-07-2013 05:55 PM - edited 02-07-2013 05:55 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!!
I suggest the following sequence:
1) Remove the theme from your BB
2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.
3) Open App World
4) Go to My World
5) Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:
3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T
3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (
3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:
6) AppWorld should close.
7) If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot
8) Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).
9) Now try reinstalling the theme
If step (6) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.
Hopefully it'll work for you! If you still wish to pursue refund, you can first try the theme developer (contact information for which is on their AppWorld catalog page). Formal request for refund from AppWorld is via your mobile service provider, who would escalate your request up to BlackBerry for processing. You also can challenge the purchase via your payment source.
Good luck and let us know!