Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

question about bb calendar features

hi! i'm a new bb user and i would appreciate any help from bb expects in this forums. here are my questions:

1.) I'm having trouble syncing my calendar events from bb 8900 to google calendar. I've already downloaded the google sync application and it worked fine when i synched my bb phonebook to google contacts but not for my calendar. Everytime, I try to sync my calendar, this message appears "google sync is disabled while the blackberry is updating settings. please try again in 5 minutes."

2.) i put 15 minutes reminder for every item in my calendar but i never hear the reminder alarm go off. not even when i set my profile to normal or loud. i do see a pop up screen thought but i would rather have a reminder alarm like they do in nokia.

3.) I used to be a nokia user for 10+ years. Under their calendar module, I can categorize events like birthdays (and a cake icon appears), anniversary, reminders, etc while in bb, they're all just classified as appointments. Am I missing something?

4.) Finally, when I sign in on my yahoo messenger via bb's IM service, i noticed that i am also immediately signed in when i go to my yahoo mail via browser. now, my dilemma is how to sign out from yahoo mail via browser? because i tried logging out of my yahoo messenger but when i checked my yahoomail, i'm still signed in. plus, i cannot find the sign out link when i'm on the browser version of my yahoomail.

thank you for any help.

Highlighted
Developer

Re: question about bb calendar features

I think I can help with the Google calendar part. For this to work, you have to make sure that you schedule the appointment on the right calendar (my BB has a calendar for each email account I have on my BB).

To sync reminders, there is a check mark in the Google Sync options "Sync Reminders"

Conversly to the Google Calendar Sync, if I do set up a calendar appointment on my BB the sync program will have in red text above the syncing information "Another client has added to your calendar...to avoid duplicates those items will not be synced". This makes no sense to me and I haven't tried to figure out why that happens. To get rid of that red text, I have to log out of google sync, let the  program delete all previously synced information, and then log in again and sync.

New Contributor

Well, I select my gmail account when I'm adding a new event / appointment in my BB calendar. Is that what you're talking about?

My problem is that --- it doesn't sync at all. I tried sending an email to blackberry.com but somehow, they just passed me on to my carrier service. Isn't this more of a bb problem than a carrier service problem?

Developer

Yes, you are picking the correct gmail account in the calendar. It is a third party app, so neither RIM or your carrier will be able to help you.

Have you searched the google help or they also have forums there for help with sync. 

Good luck, I hope you get it working.