Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300

question on Browser and mail

my 1st question, Is there any way (or an easy way) to set the browser so when you click on it,it will open the search page. I have been having a hard time getting to the page at times I cant always get it to open by just hitting the H key.

2nd question. when I get emails to the phone they sometimes will open automaticly when i pull the phone out and no i'm not hitting any buttons any help on that.

This is my 1st BB and I think its great just having a little trouble getting uses to it.

Thanks for the help

Steve   

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: question on Browser and mail

For the first question, go to Browser > Options > Browser Configuration. Set the Start Page option to Home Page. Underneath that, set the URL for your home page, then save the changes.

For the second issue, this is how the device works if you take the device out of the holster within 1-2 minutes after receiving a message. It will open automatically. This cannot be disabled. 

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300

Thanks for the help. Thats a start Im sure there will be more questions.   
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

The Browser can also be set as a permanent change via:

Homescreen: Settings (or Options) | Advanced Options | Browser

Change 'Default Browser Configuration' to the required Browser.

BIS Browser - 'Internet Browser'

BES Browser - 'BlackBerry Browser'

KB04682 on the BlackBerry knowledgebase explains the Automatic opening of Messages as mentioned above. This is a by design feature.