Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vivo
Accepted Solution

"0" key too sensitive and it keeps typing itself

Hi everyone,

I need help with my Bold 9900.

The "0" key is too sensitive. Sometimes when I'm typing, I touch it very slightly and the it keeps typing "0s" all day long. When I use the "Space" key, the phone types "0". Maybe it's the hardware, I really don't know, but it's a nightmare.

I've already restarted the phone, pulled out the battery, etc...

Thanks!! I'd appreciate any help.

Felipe

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: "0" key too sensitive and it keeps typing itself

Hello FelipeArrivabene

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you confirm if your BlackBerry ever got wet or had encountered any moisture intrusion ? Please think carefully !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

It got some raindrops a few months ago, but it continued to work well and it was not a heavy rain. Just some drops.

Sometimes I think it's a hardware problem because when I type the "C" key or the "Space" key (near the "0" key), it types "0", so...

Thanks for your help, but I don't know what to do. Without the keyboard this phone is useless...

Elite II

FelipeArrivabene wrote:

It got some raindrops a few months ago, but it continued to work well and it was not a heavy rain. Just some drops.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say I think it is already too late  ! If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture . Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer , Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

When moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more . You current problem seems to be because of this !

Now you can visit your Service provider to any repair shop to see what they can offer . 

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Well, it seems to be a hardware problem, then.

Thank you for your help and your time!

Elite II

Hello Felipe

You are welcome .. I hope you'll get some positive response when you visit any repair shop or go for a new device Smiley Happy