Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8110 Pearl
My Carrier: Me

Re: "A media card is not presently inserted in device"

forget what i said...i just checked the dates lol

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

no worries. i actually ended up selling it to someone on craigslist and they said they could fix it. i went back to a regular non-smartphone. 

but thank you, anyway!

My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hey it worked perfect for me!  I checked a few websties before I found your post great information to have

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Not sure if ppl have tried this. But i solved this problem by removing and reinserting the media card while the device was turned on. I got the "Media Card Inserted" message. Also, I was at the memory settings page, though i don't think that had any effect. Alternatively, one might try removing the card, removing the battery, reinserting the battery and letting the system boot and then inserting the card in that order. Hope this helps.

P.S. BlackBerry Bold 9700

Highlighted
My Device: Pearl 8120
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Bifocals wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried pulling the battery when the device is on, inserting the media card, then replace the battery. This will let the BB

"wake up" with the media card in place. And reset all the options.

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks

Thank you SO MUCH for your information. After following your instructions, my blackberry FINALLY recognized the media card. Saved me a trip to the T-Mobile store, where I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to help me. Thanks again!