Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

"Active" Profile?

I've been reading and searching everything I can find, but I just can't find an answer to the simplest question--What does the "active" mean in profiles?  I selected one ringtone for one contact; now, when I look at "profiles", it has the statement, "use active profiles for all contacts EXCEPT" the one I have a ringtone for??  Does this mean if I change the phone to "vibrate" and the person assigned a ringtone calls, it will ring?  I am finding many things about the bb that are not quite so simple to use, such as having to buy additional software so that it will notify me of a missed call more than once (older phones seem to be able to do that just fine).
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: "Active" Profile?

In BlackBerry device by default Loud, Vibrate, Quite, Normal, Phone Only and Off profiles are available. You can change the details of each profile by pressing Advanced -> highlighting the profile -> click Menu and selecting Edit. When you press Advanced button then you see 'active' right beside a profile i.e. Normal (active). This means that active profile is in work now and all the details that are set under Normal profile will work.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: "Active" Profile?

WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums!

I agree with Tanzim - and to add to that, yes the ringtones you have an exception to will be exceptions on which "active" profile you select. 

Enjoy your blackberry! You will learn alot on the forum! 

have a great day!

***** The addicted nurse-berry********

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy