Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: test

Re: "An error has occurred attempting to play media" - on youtube

when i go to m.youtube.com but i can't see " optimize " please can tell me .

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Version

Please , clear cache then it will work back.
at browser click menu button ( this butter is blackberry logo), chose browser option -> Cache Options -Clear cache. then it work
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: smart

tnx bro

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Fido

ya i have a curve as well and any time i try to watch a video on browser it says " an error occurred attempting to play media player" also it has a red box on the top corner reading. "error occurred". this is really annoying as i just got it a few days ago for a grad presant. I dont know why black berry hasnt adressed this issue. Im rattled. this should have been fixed long ago. i live in British Columbia, Canada as well. can anyone help us out with this? i dont want to have to go through this long checklist of things to do simply because i want to watch a video on a smart phone that should do it automatically. I paid extra for these services, we shouldnt have to bum around trying to find solutions to a problem that is not OUR responsibility...

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: BT

I have tried this three times and it hasn't worked. Surely someone on Blackberry or Youtube must know the fix?

My Device: Balckberry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Turkcell

I have just registered here to share my solution. I have been suffering from this problem for a long time and I have tried all the recommended solutions like optimize, clear the cash etc. but none of them has worked.

Here is the solution for my blackberry:

Somehow my wap apn was deactivated by the service provider. My internet was working well, the BIS  was working however i couldnt able to watch videos on youtube. Once they activate my wap apn(whatever it is) now I can watch the videos at last. The service provider (mine is Turkcell, yours can be orange at&t or another) told me that the blackberry uses wap to reach videos so that it must be activated in order to reach em.

Hope your problem can be solved as mine with this solution, cause I know how annoying it is

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: globe telecoms

tried this but didn't work.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco

In many instances the issue is WAP.  Go into your phone's main options / advanced options / browser.  Note the default WAP browser configuration.  Then open your browser, go to browser settings and check that the default browser is the same as your WAP default browser configuration.  If not then change it so that it is.  If your default browser is the same as your WAP default then this may fix the problem (it did for me).

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco

I should just add to my fix above.  Check the fix in your browser first and not any youtube player apps. If it works see if you can configure your particular app's options so that your browser is your preferred video player.

My Device: BlackBerry 9780
My Carrier: ???

I am quite a new user of Bb. I have BB 9780 and since Aug 7/2012 I have started using youtube for my personal entertainment. On Aug 13 I have rebooted my BB twice (first one - no idea, second one to update WhatsApp). Ever since it was impossible for me to access YouTube videos OR even my own media (music). Since the recent youtube update, I can't find "optimise" anywhere in "Help" options on YouTube, even after doing exact instructions given above. I need help please!