Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar Argentina

"Battery drained. Shutting down handheld" Pop-up with half battery remaining

Hi All,

I have a Bold 9700 with OS 6.0 Bundle 2342 (v6.0.0.526)

When my battery reaches (more or less) half of its usage, the following pop-up appears and the device is shut down with no chance of performing any actions or the chance of being able to turn on the device again.

This has happened to me many times now.

I have searched info regarding this, but did not find any solutions. The Device is 2 month old, so battery should work fine.

Is this a battery problem? A OS bug? ANY help is appreciated

Thank you VERY much in advance.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9780

Re: "Battery drained. Shutting down handheld" Pop-up with half battery remaining

was it already with os 6 when you buy the device or you recently upgrade it?

i read many issues of drained battery after upgrading to os 6 in this forum.

your "thumb" would be appriciated if you find my post helpful
New Contributor

Re: "Battery drained. Shutting down handheld" Pop-up with half battery remaining

I updated it, but with v5 I still had kind of the same issue, except no pop-up appeared.... device just turned off.

Regular Contributor

drained battery usually related to applications running furiously in the background and we can notice it by increase of heat from the handheld. some issues i experienced was poor signals from provider that made my device working extra hard to get the data coverage. and the other was classic reasons, there is one or two applications you installed recently creates this problem.

other than above, i cant help more since im just users.. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thanks togar for your answer.

I try to constantly check the CPU Usage of the application manager, and I don't see any major usage of a single application, in addition I don't use many apps (no more than 5)

However, what calls my attention is that the battery level is on its half when the handheld is turned off... if some application is draining the battery I should be seeing how it gets lower and lower.... but that is definitely not happening.

Again, thanks for your (very quick!) responses togar.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

no problem nikiz.. im just being a bit insomnia here.. Smiley Very Happy

My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Digicel

Hi I am currently having the same problem. When I put the battery into the phone the phone starts to boot up and right there the phone will start to get warm then when it turns on I use the phone then it starts getting really really hot my battery is still completely full but the message still pop up battery drained shutting down handheld. Help