Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

"Call Powerlink Troubleshooting"

I acquired my 8830 just before Chrstmas. Haven't had any problems till today. Starting this morning, and occurring all day, it buzzes, at various intervals (not the typical ring or vibration) and when I answer there is a highlighted message that says "Call Powerlink Troubleshooting" and has the number right there, so that I can push the button and be connected as with any other number. However, the next words I hear are, "You have reached a non-working number." Go figure. The phone seems to be working normally every other way, but the buzz is troubling and clearly something's wrong.

After lunch, I stopped at the Verison store where I bought it and was turned over to to one of their technicians. He said he never heard of such a thing, didn't know what it was and told me he "removed it and you're back in business."  The moment I got back to my office the same buzzing occurred and continues to the present moment.

Anybody got any leads? I'm clueless. Many thanks.

Nallazok