Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

"Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

Hi -

2nd day with Tour and I receive the above message. I am a Verizon user. Yesterday I took it in and they just switched out the phone. Now that I am seeing it on a new unit, I am sure it is something else. The camera was working on the new phone that I got yesterday but when I tried to access it later today, I am back to receiving the above message. I am not able to use my camera as this message never goes away. I don't think I have too much open since I have not even had the phone that long or done much with it. Any suggestions?

Thanks to anyone that can help!!!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again

Hi and welcome to the forums!

KB15544 Could not launch camera application.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: "Could not start the camera."

I'm a Sprint user.

I've found that when running multiple IM services and Pandora at the same time, my camera gives me the same response. 9/10 x I just have to shut down Pandora, and then the camera will properly load. Probably 1/10 x, I do a simple battery pull, and it resolves the issue.

Good luck!

Highlighted
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

IF you guys nedd any help with any problems this site can help you out alot, it helped me too.

http://blackberrytrick.blogspot.co.uk

hope this helps you guys.