Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: 5149697660

"Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

Hi !

I have a problem with my blackberry curve 9300 3G.

It's a canadian phone and my operator is Fido.

When i want to take a picture, the phone give me this data : "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

I tried to remove the battery but it's not run. Then, i try to restart my phone (options =» Security =» Security wipe» wipe data), but my camera don't run...

I don't have more solution, i'm lost !! Can you help me please ?

If you speak french, can you answer me in french please ?

Thank you! 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

Hi urbzs and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I would first recommend checking to see if there are any software updates available for your BlackBerry® smartphone. Plug your device into your PC and go to www.blackberry.com/update to see if an update is available.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Re: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

Try removing your sd card, leave it out and reboot your blackberry. Once it has rebooted, replace the sd card and reboot your phone again. This sometimes will fix the error you are seeing.