Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telcel

"EN" characters on top right corner UNABLE TO UNLOCK

My phone is blocked and can´t be unlocked because it won´t recognize my password. I noticed an "EN/ | | " symbol on the top right corner that will make the buttons I used to press when typing my password type different charcters! Anyone knows how to get rid of this?? (whitouth accessing the phone´s menu obviously) OR if anyone using a Pearl 9100 knows what will be the result of pressing 8745 when the "EN" symbol in the corner is not shown??? Thanks a lot!

EML

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: "EN" characters on top right corner UNABLE TO UNLOCK

The EN means it's set to English Language. is English the default language you're using on your device? When entering a password make sure that you're entering what you think you're entering. For numbers, you need to hold the alt key and for letters you don't. You may be pushing the number keys but really you're entering letters.

Once you get the device unlocked you can go into the Language settings and turn that "EN" off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telcel

Thanks for your response. The default language in my device is Spanish but I have never seen either the "EN" or anything similar in that corner before.

The thing here is: I don't know my password since it is normally hidden ( ****). I normally just press the 8754 buttons on my keyboard getting letters on the screen. This had never been an issue before, since the predictive text is "on" and I usually get the same letters for the password. NOW that the "EN" icon is turned "on" everything changed. So if you know a way of getting rid of that icon it will be very useful to know or else, if you have a Pearl 9100 and you can set your default language to spanish, turn the predictive text on, and press 8754 to see what the resulting word is I can just try that combination. 

I hope I was clear with my explanation, and will really appreciate your help since I only have 2 chances to get it right before losing all my info. 

Thanks a lot again!

EML

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Regardless of what language is displayed the device should always revert to multi-tap in password fields. That means that it should be the first letters of the 8754 key which would be BCGD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!