Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

"EN" icon on top right hand corner of my screen

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and sort of still new to using my Bold 9000 so I thought I'd get in touch with you all to see if you could help me out with something.

Ever since I tried using the "Switch Input Language" feature to text someone I cannot get rid of this "EN" icon that appears every time I compose a text, email or even browse through my pictures! How can I get rid of this "EN" icon for good? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: "EN" icon on top right hand corner of my screen

Go to Options >Language  & Text Input and make sure all your settings say English (United States)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Great, thanks for the tip. Should I reboot my phone if I still see that icon after doing what you told me to do?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Is it still there?  If it is, I would try running the setup wizard and removing languages you don't use.  Removing the battery never hurts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yeah there must be something else I'm not doing. I have set every single field to "English (United States) in the Language section of Options. Language, Input Language and Voice Dialing Language. Name Display is set to "First Name Last Name" and Input Language Selection Shortcut is set to "None".

I also went to my Setup Wizard > went to Language and this is what my phone is currently set to:

Display screens and menu items in: English (United States)

My typing input language is: English (United States)

I removed the other language which was just Spanish.

Not sure what else to try to get rid of that EN. Like I said, it even appears when I'm browing through my picture folders. Should I just head over to my local AT&T store to get hands on help on this? I appreciate your help and time on this Mr. Clark.

New Contributor

Another thing, I'm currently using OS version 4.6, how do I get the newest OS (which I think us 5.0?) on my phone? Thanks a lot.

Guru II

Follow the instructions here:

When you install it you can easily remove all languages you don't use, too.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/221100-latest-os-9000-5-0-0-860-...

New Contributor

Thank you so much for all of your help John. I will let you know how it goes after I upgrade to the latest OS. Have a great evening!

My Device: Bold 9000

Hopefully you figured it out by now... but if you want to get ride of it go to OPTIONS/ LANGUAGE/ then under the drop down language swithcher go to DISPLAY ICON and select HIDE

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

This resoulution worked for me. Thank you Ericac_92.