Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550 v5.0.0.320
Accepted Solution

"Error backing up database(s)" Message

Hi,

I have BOLD version 4.6.0.162 and Desktop Manager version 4.7 running with XP SP3In the past I've been successful backing up my phoneUntil serveral weeks ago I am unable to backup my phone and have been getting "Error backing up database(s)" messageIt happens at various stages during transfer progress.

I've followed the suggestions originally posted by francoyshttp://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=3676&query.id=57237#M3676, but still no go.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone found the solution yet?

2. Can I still perform the update (system software, core applications, etc. via Desktop Manager) without losing my contact database and music and picture files?

3. Is the Advance option in Backup and Restore alternative?

Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: "Error backing up database(s)" Message

Hi,

What databases exactly are you getting the error message on?

I read the post you linked to, use this procedure from the RIM database.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10167&sliceId=1&docTy...
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: "Error backing up database(s)" Message

It doesn't say what type of database.  Simply says as I wrote.  Any advise on question no. 2 & 3?  Thank you.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: "Error backing up database(s)" Message - SOLVED

Ok.  I've solved the problem.

I did "Advance" backup option and moved item by item.  There was couple items indicated errors so I "cleaned" them.  Once all items were moved, I did a regular back up again.  It worked fine now.

Hope this might helps other who runs into a similar issue.