Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

"Graudate to Blackberry" promotion

I'm about to send my old Samsung Blackjack to receive money back for the promotion that Blackberry is currently running.  I just sent in my AT&T rebate form, which included the proof of purchase from the box.

HOWEVER!  The form to send the old phone in says to include the old phone & accessories, sales receipt AND proof of purchase, which I no longer have.

How should I solve this problem, because I do have the receipt but no POP from the Blackberry box.  Would just the receipt be enough?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: "Graudate to Blackberry" promotion

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I like you had the same problem with Verizon. When I turned in my old phone I gave them the phone period.

I got the whole "need the box etc." I simpley called the store manager's boss, and told him they were going to lose a client because of a $.50 cent box. I then said I had the email address of Denny Stigal (Verizon Pres.) and that I would definitely have a lot to say. Had my Curve in 15 minutes.

I Goggled the Verizon President and they actually listed the email address.

Just FYI Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-30-2008 05:57 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm not sure if that's the same exact problem (but I'm glad you could threaten with the prez's email!)

I already have my new Curve, but want to send it back to receive the cash they're offering for it.  They don't need the box from the Blackjack, but they want to Proof of Purchase from the new phone, which I have already sent in.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Sorry, I misread the original post.

But the same principal applies, If they are willing to lose a client over this, it's silly.

I cannot believe that with the receipt (which check to see if they have the number on it) that the carrier doesn't record that number somewhere at least for accountability for stock inventory.

I would try it nicely, then escalate if you have to.

Just my opinion. I'm sure someone else on this forum will have suggestions as well.

In the mean time..Google the pres of at&t (just in case)  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter