Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

"Invalid ringtone" and unable to update time zone?

[ Edited ]

Recently my Blackberry Torch 9800 has been playing up - firstly, it keeps saying "invalid ringtone selected" after it randomly changes my ringtone and alarm clock tone constantly.

Also, after taking out my battery and putting it back in (because of the above), it will not automatically update my time and will not let me click on "Update time" either as it says that "Update timezone is not available, please try again later".

I only got this phone from my cousin in February and it was fine up until a month ago - can anyone tell me what is the problem with it and how I can permanently fix it please?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: "Invalid ringtone" and unable to update time zone?

Hi ACN123 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are you using a pre-loaded ring tone or a ring tone/song you've downloaded on your BlackBerry 9800?  When you first obtained the device from your friend, did you perform a security wipe to clear all of the settings and applications?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

I've been using a ring tone that was already on the BlackBerry when I had gotten it and yes, I did perform a security wipe when I first received the phone as there was stuff on there from the previous owner.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Do you only receive this message when changing the phone ringtone or does it occur when changing a message notifier too? Also, try changing the ringtone to another sound to see if you receive the same message.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted

This only happens randomly. For example, my ringtone would randomly change so when I would try to change it back to the ringtone I had previously, then the error message would occur and I would then have to restart my phone for it to go back to normal.

Thank you.