Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: bmobile

"Memory Card cannot be read because of fatal errors" Curve 9300

Hello, just as the title says my problem is that my sd card can't be read by my bb.

Tried to format it on pc/bb bt didnt work.

When i load it into the pc via the memory reader the files show up as read only. I double checked to be sure the adaptor wasn't locked and even tried with another memory card and it was fine with the other card.

My 8gb card is new and i formatted it as i put it in my bb. I media sync'd with desktop software and when i disconnected I got the error.

Any advise? Major problem is the fact that it's write protect on the pc or I could format it.

Thanks in advance!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: "Memory Card cannot be read because of fatal errors" Curve 9300

Are you able to get the files off the card to your computer?  The card may be bad, but try this using the computer:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/312/~/formatting-a-memory-card,-flash-drive-or-device-...

You can try not using the quick format option, but I can't guarantee this will work.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4793481_reformat-sd-card.html

shows the same way.

Thank yo very much for the suggestion! Will try this in the morning when I get back on my laptop!
And yes I could view/copy the files from the card on my laptop, just couldn't delete or edit it.
Everything was backed up so I don't mind wiping the drive if it can be fixed Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I know this is old but even after trying all of the suggestions im still at a loss...no fixes so pretty much gave up Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Since you said your data is safe, you can safely try several things. From what I see, it is possible that your card or your BB is the cause of the problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good SD Card, one that is running properly in another BB with no issues...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your card in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. For example -- If your card suddenly works fine in that other BB and that "known good" card does not work in your BB, then it's your BB that has the problem, and it's likely a hardware problem, requiring evaluation (in hand) by a qualified hardware technician.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................