Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

"Operation terminated unexpectedly" when synching BB with Outlook calendar

I have a Blackberry Curve, and my provider is Telus, and I'm no longer able to sync with my Outlook Calendar. I'm using Desktop Manager 4.2 to sync. I'm not syncing address book or tasks or anything else, so it is the calendar causing the issue.

The issue...
I sync, and the message box says that it's reading the device entries - no problem. Then it starts reading my Outlook entries, and it gets to record X (currently it's #27, but it sometimes changes), then I get a popup that says "The operation terminated unexpectedly".

When I first encountered this problem I was able to resolve it by resetting my sync configuration. After doing this successfully a number of times, it stopped fixing the problem, so I uninstalled/reinstalled the software a couple of times. This didn't work. I found a post suggesting I rename my Intellisync folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry), and once I did this I was able to sync again!

But now my issue is back, and resetting the config doesn't work, and renaming/deleting the Intellisync folder doesn't work either. I've tried backing up and clearing my calendar DB on my BB, but the issue seems to be with an Outlook entry, so syncing still fails with the same error. I've also deleted several outlook entries around what I think is #27 - no luck.

The PtTrace.log says (among other things):
"Sun Jul 27 22:57:12 2008: Error 0x83110005.-2096037883.0 at .\syncconfigmanager.cpp line 1137
Sun Jul 27 22:57:13 2008: Error Failed to load CXLServer1.dll from the product directory..4005 at .\callback.cpp line 3610"

How can I debug this issue? Can you help me please?
Thanks!
Ali
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: "Operation terminated unexpectedly" when synching BB with Outlook calendar

Operation terminated unexpectedly error message after installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor

Thanks, but I'm not using Lotus Notes.  I do however seem to have some issues with my Outlook install, because I can't find it in the registry or in Program Files!

We have a similar issue. What happened is that we were getting to item #1454 out of 2730 records.. what was happening was that BB desktop was going through the calendar entries in the outlook.pst and perhaps ran out of space?? what we did was set auto archive on and archive all the old calendar entries effecting reducing the outlook.pst from 2700 records to 400 records. Also set advance preferences to only sync 5 days past and 30 days ahead for calendar. After archiving the old records in outlook, it worked!! Hope this works for you.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate your input.  I don't have nearly so many entries to sync, yet it was still failing.  In the end I had to think up a workaround. 

Since it was clear that the "bad" entry was somewhere in my Outlook calendar (and I couldn't find it, no matter how many records I deleted), I decided to sacrifice my "bad" Outlook calendar, and repopulate it with my "good" BB calendar...

-export the following folders to separate CSV files (Sent, Contacts, Inbox, etc)

-close Outlook

-move outlook.pst file from C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

-reopen Outlook, forcing it to create new pst file

-configure BB sync to sync one way, from Device to Outlook

-sync, which then repopulates Outlook calendar

-import my other folders from the CSV files created earlier

-reconfigure BB sync so that it syncs two ways

I'm guessing that I had some recurring appointment in Outlook that the sync operation didn't like.  So, I'll be more careful in the future and create shorter recurrences, and make fewer changes to individual instances of the recurring appointments.

It's a pain in the butt, but it worked for me, and I have all the data I need.

Thanks.

Alison

New Contributor

I have THE exact problem

do you have a solution yet

judith

New Contributor

Hi

how do i find auto archive?

judith

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi judith,

In Outlook:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
  2. Click AutoArchive.
  3. Clear the Run AutoArchive every n days check box.

ShowPrevent AutoArchive from running on one folder

ShowCancel archiving that's in process

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi

trying the archiving every day

how do I set advance preferences/

judith

New Contributor

Hi