Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

"Options" option in the BB Menu Button not working on Torch 9800

Whenever I select "Options" from the BB Menu button's drop down list on my Torch 9800, the screen flashes, then goes back to my home screen. It has been this way for quite a while (nearly a year) and I am thinking that there is a permission that was inadverdently disabled. It does not work whether i use the native BB6 theme or others i have downloaded. Anyone know how to make "Options" option start working again?  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: "Options" option in the BB Menu Button not working on Torch 9800

Hi randynjaimie,

Try backing up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software.

For further instructions, see the following KB article. How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows. www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb11320
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: "Options" option in the BB Menu Button not working on Torch 9800

Thanks FrankieS - this resolved the problem with my options not working. Now to re-install my apps.....