Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

"Sign In' button on BlackBerry World does not allow login from Firefox 23

The website allows me to do a number of other activities, including successfully registering after clicking on the "Register" button. This is very odd. I would appreciate some ideas.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: "Sign In' button on BlackBerry World does not allow login from Firefox 23

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I am attempting to replicate what you report...unfortunately, your report of "does not allow" is all too sparse to know if I'm actually replicating your situation.

For me, the first time I go to appworld.blackberry.com, I am able to click the Sign In button and that takes me to the screen to enter my BBID credentials. I enter those and continue, and them am presented with a very strange screen of devices and other things, very long and all on the left...not proper at all. While still logged into my BBID, I then return to appworld.blackberry.com and have the proper looking interface, but now still the "Sign In" button (which should not be there since I'm already in) and now a pre-selected device (an incorrect one, I think). If I click the "Sing In" button now, I receive "An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )".

So, how does this compare with you?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi, sdgardne.

Thank you for offering to help!

On http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/?, I click on the "Sign In" button near the top, but the site does not respond. Every other click on the page produces some action. My pointer correctly changes from an arrow to a hand, indicating a clickable object. I have IE on my machine, but it's an OEM version that I don't want to upgrade so that's not useful as an alternate browser test. This behavior is identical to another pc running Firefox 23 on Windows 7.

A behavior that might be related to the non-functioning sign-in button is that when I click on "Displaying Info for...", the resulting "Choose your device specification" window has limited function: I cannot select a country, carrier, or BB Device because none are available from which to choose.

This could be a FF issue, as I have seen the occasional incompatibility with other web sites.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Well, I just tried again, and I cannot replicate your experience. I am on FF 23 (updated yesterday actually in reaction to your post). The Sign In button continues to react as I described above, and the "Displaying Info for..." button allows me to choose the various items it displays.

Hence, all I can conclude is that you have some add-in (extension, GreaseMonkey Script, etc.) to FireFox that is blocking all of this. I would recommend that you disable all of your FF add-ins and restart FireFox. If the behavior changes, then you know that at least one of your FF add-ins is the cause...and it will be tedious to determine which one of course, but there is no other way I can conclude.

If the behavior remains consistent with all of your FF add-ins disabled, then I'd recommend removing and reinstalling FF but with no add-ins at all... a totally clean, fresh, and "bare bones" install of FF. Then see what happens.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The DoNotTrackMe 2.2.9.618 extension was the culprit.

Thank you for suggesting that troubleshooting aid!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

You are very welcome...enjoy!