Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

"Sticky Slider"

Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums so hello Smiley Happy.

Basically, on a night out, a friend of mine accidentally spilt some of his drink on my beloved Torch, and yes I was devastated. The phone works perfectly fine, but the slider's gotten all sticky on the inside, so it's hard to slide out my phone when I type. Is there any way I can recapture that smooth sliding action of the Torch? Like good ways to clean it?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800 & Bold 9700

Re: "Sticky Slider"

[ Edited ]

Someone told me that WD40 is good, However don't quote me on that! -Might be best to do some research first http://www.wd40.com/faqs

New Contributor

Aight thanks, I'll check that out. Any other solutions?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would try working the slider a bit to see if it frees up. then add in some lubricant.

I dont know if wd40 will eat platic or not. I know PB blaster will.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Tried the first method you mentioned. It works okay for awhile, but after an hour the same problem persists. Lubricant will work, but I'm not sure how to get it "inside" if you see what I mean. The sticky stuff is within the slider, that small thin area. But thanks. Tiny bits of water is working alright for now, at least until it evaporates.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Maybe try a damp Q tip in the slider area

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Sorry, but what's a Q tip?

New Contributor

Okay nvm I found out what it was, I did but it's way too big to fit into that small gap. I can clean the outside just fine, but it's the inside of the slider area that's sticky.

Guru III
My Device:

pipe cleaner, felt, or tooth pick

maybe leave it near an ant hill, then the ants will eat all that sugar stuff

New Contributor

Hahaha defo. will try out the ant hill Smiley Tongue