Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: smartphone 9860
My Carrier: Optus

"Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account" message appeared on screen while attempting to download Apps

Hi Blackberry

The above message appeared on my 9860 Smartphone everytime I attempt to downlaod an App. This has being going for almost ten months and I am losing my patience.

I have tried changing the login password but the same message appeared again.

If I enter a wrong password, a message will say that I had the wrong password however I entered the right password and find the above message appeared. What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks and hope to have a resolution soon. I love my Blackberry and don't want to part it.

Please help

best regards

Tim Yuen

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: "Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account" message appeared on screen while attempting to download Apps

Hello timyuen

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear you are having issues from last ten months ! first do a complete Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software , then follow this Knowledge Base article , I am sure it resolve your issue :

KB28212"Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: "Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account" message appeared on screen while attempting to download Apps

Thnak the Lord I am not the only one - been battling with this probem for about the same length of time and for the past 2 weeks as I try and resolve it - thought I would backup the phone to the Mac, and then uninstall and reinstall app world but now cannot get back up to go past social feeds junction.  Though frustrated like, glad I am not the only one. Let me know if you find a solution please.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Coldtuna wrote:

Thnak the Lord I am not the only one - been battling with this probem for about the same length of time and for the past 2 weeks as I try and resolve it - thought I would backup the phone to the Mac, and then uninstall and reinstall app world but now cannot get back up to go past social feeds junction.  Though frustrated like, glad I am not the only one. Let me know if you find a solution please.

Hi Coldtuna

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are having problem while performing a backup of your device when using Desktop Sofwtare for Mac, then you may have to Clear the Social Feeds database, for further help please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB29571 :  Unable to backup the Social Feeds database using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.