Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

"Unsupported media type: application/octet-stream"

When I try to login to my Dealer's web-site, i get this "Unsupported media type: application/octet-stream". 
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: "Unsupported media type: application/octet-stream"

if your trying to watch a video, it probably not formatted for the storm.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor

It's not a video.  It's a web page that displays all products I buy for my company.  The web page comes up fine, but when I try to log-in it gives me that message.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

ok, open your browser and press the bb key.

goto options/browser config

make sure all of the boxes are checked.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Developer

Hi,

I am trying to play audio/video file using blackberry storm browser.

and i got same issue.

can there is any workaround to get solve this prob..

waiting for reply..

thanks

Ashish.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ashihs_k wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to play audio/video file using blackberry storm browser.

and i got same issue.

can there is any workaround to get solve this prob..

waiting for reply..

thanks

Ashish.

Hello,

This KB documents the supported media types of the native (i.e., no add-ons) BB. If the media does not conform to the KB, then it is not playable on your BB with the native toolsets. If you are using the native BB Browser, then you might try adjusting some settings.

Websites can be coded to perform better with some browsers rather than others. The BB Browser can appear to websites as several different things...that setting is, from within the Browser App, ( blackberry_logo.jpg > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification). Changing that to another browser might help your BB interact better with some websites. In combination with all of the other configuration settings, you need to find the combination of all of these settings that works best for the sites you are visiting. Sadly, there is no "best advice" to give as each persons needs are different. But, I typically find that changing the Browser Identification often helps -- most often by changing to FF or IE (if those are available to you...the options vary by carrier).

Otherwise, you might have to try a different browser to play that particular media from that site. You can try Bolt, OperaMini, and others.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat

After converting video into mp4 to 3gp, it is not working in blackberry, showing ERROR “Unsupported media type: application/octet-stream”

My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

i have the same problem but i am trying to listen to a voice note sent to me through whats app x

Regular Contributor

Well, I had the same problem and changed the server "Content-Type" header to "audio/mp3". It worked like a charm!