Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

"We cannot connect you to Blackberry App World" Error

I recently switched from a Blackberry Bold to a Blackberry Torch. I have been attempting to redownload applications that I had on my Bold via Blackberry App World. When I try to redownload an application that I have already purchased, I receive an error message stating to refresh my applications via Blackberry App World > My World > Refresh List to redownload the application. I am prompted for my Email and Password and am connected to My World. I use the menu to navigate to the Refresh List option and receive a message stating, “Please wait while your application list is refreshed. You will receive confirmation when the update is complete.” The message soon goes away and then I receive another message stating, “We cannot connect you to Blackberry App World. Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again.” I have tried battery pulls, removing the SIM card, uninstalling App World, reinstalling App World, refreshing while connected to my home wireless internet, and refreshing on the ATT Wireless network. Nothing seems to work. After looking online, I have found that multiple users are having the same problem.

What can I do to fix this problem so I can redownload my purchased applications?

My Device: 9650 Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: "We cannot connect you to Blackberry App World" Error

I am having the same exact problem.  I decided to wipe my blackberry and reload the apps as I was getting the infamous camera crashing that I have not seen a resolution for either.  Now I cannot go and download the apps that I have paid for already.  Please help RIM.  I am loosing faith in the blackberry. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having the same exaxt problem after switching to a phone replacement. It won't refresh the My World list, and i can't download apps i paid for before either

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

All,

Please see this recent KB for hopefully helpful information:

• KB20031"BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again" appears when BlackBerry App World is started

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

that article did help

I went to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore  and logged in to my Blackberry ID.

then accessed My World through the website, downloaded the plugin and was able to sync all the applications with my phone.

I hope this helps everybody!!

My Device: 9650 Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

This worked perfect.  Thanks borbitz.  I followed the below steps and all is well.  

1. go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore on a computer

2. sign in

3. go to "My world"

4. download the plugin

5. attach blackberry via cable and enter password if needed

6. go back to appworld on device and refresh list in "My world" on blackberry.  

Everything is back.  Thanks again!!!!

My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

hi,

i just acquired a bold 9780. every time i connect it in my pc this error occurs "An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again." kindly help me in fixing this error so that i can maximize my bb unit. thanks

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

i have a BB8520 Curve and having the same issue. Done w/ Device Reset, Wipe and AppWorld Uninstall/Reinstall but it's still the same Smiley Sad
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mukuro15 wrote:
i have a BB8520 Curve and having the same issue. Done w/ Device Reset, Wipe and AppWorld Uninstall/Reinstall but it's still the same Smiley Sad

Hello,

Please read through this thread...there are several more remedies suggested herein.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi,

Sorry but I've have tried all the things I have read in this thread. Mine stopped synching when I updated my BB AppWorld in my BB8520.