Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

"You have used all your available device pin changes for your My World account"

[ Edited ]

I recently replaced my Sprint BB Tour with Sprint, and when trying to reinstall my puchased BB World apps get the following: "You have used all your available device pin changes for your My World account." I keep receiving this error when I am trying to use my BB Tour with the NEW pin {edited for privacy}, the email account used is {edited for privacy} Any way to resolve this matter ? I had to have a few exchanges with Sprint, due to Tour trackball issues. I do enjoy using the App World, however I cannot purchase anything new or retrieve my prior purchases with this error. My previous pin is 30BE5BD9 (I had to list it because the BB tech support link listed my new pin as invalid - as well as my old pin). Please advise.

PS:  Crackberry App World makes a PIN exchange a simple matter - just plug in your new PIN and you can easily retrieve your purchased apps. RIM App World support really dropped the ball on this one - there are plenty of BB Tours being exchanged and this App World problem really needs to be rectified. There were several messages on this board regarding this issue already, and the owners aren't able to submit their complaint to BB tech support because the link would not accept their new PIN! Shame on you, RIM.

Message Edited by dimamal on 09-23-2009 06:36 AM
Message Edited by dimamal on 09-23-2009 06:38 AM
Message Edited by KaLin on 09-23-2009 11:08 AM
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: "You have used all your available device pin changes for your My World account"

[ Edited ]

Hi there!

There is indeed a fix for all of your issues, but the first one that needs to be fixed is the Bad PIN reply from the RIM support site. However, that fix cannot be posted publicly. Consequently, please see your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with those instructions.

BTW -- you might also find that your post has been edited by the mods to remove any personal information (PINs, email addresses, etc.)...as a public forum, it's usually not a good idea to post such here. Plus, these forums are a user-to-user support channel...not a user-to-RIM portal...

Cheers!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 09-23-2009 09:00 AM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor

Re: "You have used all your available device pin changes for your My World account"

hello i just got the tour last week and i'm on my third one they keep crashing. and now i get this message.

Can some one pm me with help

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jonj95835 wrote:

hello i just got the tour last week and i'm on my third one they keep crashing. and now i get this message.

Can some one pm me with help

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. Be sure to also include the reason why you have exceeded your maximum allowable PIN associations to AppWorld (e.g., multiple RMA, warranty replacement, etc.).

Cheers!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for your assistance, PIN was reset everything is back to normal with mods' help Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Verizon Tour 9630

I am having this exact same issue.  I must have done too may PIN changes due to falty devices and now I can't even send a message to customer support because it says that my PIN is invalid.

OP or someone else, can you please forward me that PM that was so helpful for you?

Thanks 

Hall of Famer III

spect2k wrote:

I am having this exact same issue.  I must have done too may PIN changes due to falty devices and now I can't even send a message to customer support because it says that my PIN is invalid.

OP or someone else, can you please forward me that PM that was so helpful for you?

Thanks 

Done.

Visitor

Wouldn't mind knowing myself. I keep getting a PIN Invalid message from the support form. I know for a fact my PIN is valid.

Hall of Famer III

OK...see your PM's.

Contributor

hi there - sorry can you help me out with this one too?

how can i reset my pin, as i have had to get (yet another) replacement phone