Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

read unread status on blackberry curve

Hi,

First time posting.  I've got one of my user using a blackberry curve to receive is corporate email.  All is working fine, in fact the device do more than what he ask from.  When he receveive and read an email in his blackberry, the email is also marked as read in his Outlook.  The thing is that he don't want it read in Outlook.  He don't want the read/unread status to be synchronised.  I've done search on the internet to find how to do that with no luck.  I've deactivated the email reconciliation on his blackberry and on the website but read/unread status still sync.

If someone could help me on that.

Eric

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: read unread status on blackberry curve

Thats the functionality of syncing wireless to the enterprise server.

Its designed like that..

Keep searching for an answer though.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

We're using Blackberry Internet service (with Bell Canada).  The user had an old model of blackberry (don't remember which one...) but that old device did not synchronised read/unread status.

New Contributor

Does someone if the read/unread status from the blackberry can be disabled or it's by design?