Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: att&t

reboot and reboot

I got my torch to work again by reloading an update. When my phone came back the screen said my mass storge wasn't working and asked my if I want to repair it. when I do the phone wont fully reboot and I have to start the prosses all over again. If I dont repair the mass storage I can use the phone for a while until it freezez up and I go round again. Im setting the record for most times loadint the 7.1 update,but I need my phone, please help!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: reboot and reboot

Hi pgphillips

Welcome to the Community

Remove your Media Card from the Device and do a Battery Pull restart.Your media card may have some problem. sometime our device enter reboot cycle because of a faulty Media Card.

Please try and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if that dont work

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I tried your suggestion, unfortunatly the phone says its the internal mass storage thats the problem. every time I try the repair the phone freezes up and I have to pull the batt and reload 7.1 again. thanks tho.

New Contributor

thanks for your sugg,but that is the exact cycle Im stuck in. when I reboot the phone says internal mass storage is fouled and the phone freezes and I go round again.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi pgphillips

Have you removed your Media Card or memory card from the device while trying to load the OS.If not remove it from the device and then try to load the OS as Knottyrope suggested.

Prince