Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

receiving pictures from Andriod via Bluetooth

I am using curve 9300 3g OS 6.0 and having difficulties in recieving pictures from my friends andriod phone. I tried to look arround for a solution but couldnt find. i am aware on how to activate bluetooth/pairing/encryption etc. also couldnt find any option " like recieve media via bluetooth " in oS 6.0 which i see others have suggested.

whenevr he sends me a file its prompts me to recieve which i accept. then it indicator shows its recieving on the other hand my fd shows 100% transfer my BB automatically disconnects the connections. i dont find anywhere this file was recieved neither phone ask me to save anywhere. im stuck please help

Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Re: receiving pictures from Andriod via Bluetooth

It can't be... well, try this

First, delete all the paired devices within your bb device which are listed (ask the other android user also to delete your device if it is listed)... and try pairing the device once again with the android device you said.. once pairing is done, then go to you media & select receive using bluetooth... at last, ask the other to send files to your bb device & see..

it should work if not, you try sending a picture & see whether it's transferring successfully..

let us know

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Contributor

well i did try the method you suggested. Firstly when i goto media, select any media icon then BB menu there is no field to select named" recieve using bluetooth". secondly i am able to send the file to the andriod device and my fd can recieve it well.. I also selected his phone and unchecked encryption but same problem. i also ensured 2 MB is available for space in that media option for pictures. help!

Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

so far I know, sending is not a problem once the device is paired.. but when receiving, even-though the devices are paired you should see "recieve using bluetooth" option...

this might be a stupid solution, but still again worth doing it.. get a back-up of ur device, then try updating the software.. then try again

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Contributor

Here what i found yesterday. My problem persists with on ly Sony Ecrisson customized andriod OS. When i asked a Samsung S user to send me the picture it worked perfect.