Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

reconciling email with yahoo

I lost my previous BB and just bought a new one listed here:

Blackberry 8520 on T-Mobile
v4.6.1.259 (Platform 4.2.0.116)

On my old BB I had it where when I deleted a Yahoo email on my BB, it automatically deleted it on the Yahoo account too.  On my new BB, it does not give me the option to do that.  I have searched the forum to find out how to change the settings and i keep seeing to go to "message", "options", and the "email reconciliation".  When I click on options, all I have are "general options" and "spell check".  I can not see anything under general options that seems like it would help.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Elmas

Blackberry 8520 on T-Mobile
v4.6.1.259 (Platform 4.2.0.116)

http://www.lightpreneurs.com
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: reconciling email with yahoo

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Very strange...so let's just be perfectly clear...is this where you are checking?

Homescreen > Messages > blackberry_logo.jpg > Options

And, when you check there, you only see General Options and Spell Check? If so, then something is indeed strange. Please check the following...

Homescreen > Options > Security Options > Information or General Options

On that screen should be a few selection boxes plus a section that discusses "Services". If, on that screen, your BB says anything at all about "IT Policy" (even if it says "Default"), then your BB has an IT Policy on it that is likely blocking the additional selections you should be seeing from the Messages Options screen. You should go see whoever provided you with the BB and have them clean off that IT Policy for you.

Unless, of course, you are on BES with your firm -- in which case you will need to talk to your BES admins as they've placed that policy on your BB with those restrictions.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................