Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

recurring appointments

So this is the problem: I currently have Blackberry desktop manager 4.5 installed and also tried this with 4.6, same problem. I have the 8330 and v4.3.0.127 from Sprint. I just got this two days ago. I have Outlook 2007 and am trying to sync my appointments. My contacts sync perfectly fine, but the problem is with the appointments. Here is the problem: --> All my recuring meetings that were setup by someone else, that I accepted show up 4 hours less on my blackberry. So if the appointment was at 7 AM, it shows up as 3 AM. --> All the recuring meetings that I have setup, show up perfectly fine. All the meetings that non-recurring show up fine as well. What could be the issue here, this problem occurs with both 4.5 and 4.6. Also, I am not working with a BES, I have BIS. I need to get this fixed.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: recurring appointments

Hi and welcome to the forums:

Try going into OPTIONS- DATE AND TIME- AND SET date time source to network.

Are your PC and BBdevice on the same time?

Third thing is to make sure both calenders have the same start of day.

On the BB go to  CALENDER -OPTIONS-GENERAL OPTIONS make sure the options listed mactch those in Outlook.

Please let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I ended up figuring out the problem, looked on one of the Smartphone sites.  A user of the treo was having similiar problem with Outlook 2007 and I tried what he did and it worked.

Here is the explaination that I also posted on Blackberry Forums:

Pretty much what you need to do is, for all the recurring appointments in Outlook 2007, open them up and edit them. 

So here are the steps:

1.  Double click on the recurring meeting.

2.  Choose "Open the series"

3.  Then, right next to "Recurrence" you will see "Time Zones", click on this.

4.  After you click on "Time Zones", double click on recurrence and you will see your time zone there. 

5.  After you do this, click "Ok" and then click Save & Close.

After you do this for all your recurring appointments, trying syncing with your blackberry again, and it will update with the correct time.

I literally spend 5 hours trying to figure this problem out and reading multiple forums, even the Smartphone forums and someone was having this same problem there.  This is what they did and I decided to try it and it worked!

So, I guess the problem is with Outlook 2007 and not with Blackberry.  This problem was only happening to me for recurring meetings that someone had sent me, the recurring meetings that I had setup, worked fine for me.  I guess something to do with Outlook not storing the time zone?  Not sure?

Let me know if you are still having any problems.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Glad you figured it out,

Please take a minute to resolve the thread, using the options over the Kudo's star.

Thanksyou very much!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter