Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Sasktel

regular email setup

I would like to set up email on my Torch 9800 but when I select email accounts in setup menu the next screen is enterprise activation and does not offer the regular internet email setup. Why?? I hope someone can help me.

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: regular email setup

Hi - 

BIS - is for personal emails

BES - is for corporate/enterprise emails tht requires an administrator at a corporation to set it up.

It may be due to your carrier giving you the wrong data plan.  If the Torch is for persnal use, then you will need a BIS data plan.  If all you see is Enterprise, then it could be that your carrier has subscribed you to a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Plan).  

You will need to call your carrier to clarify what data plan you have.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: regular email setup

halfhemi wrote:

I would like to set up email on my Torch 9800 but when I select email accounts in setup menu the next screen is enterprise activation and does not offer the regular internet email setup. Why?? I hope someone can help me.

Hello halfhemi

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

In order to setup your personal email you have to activate BlackBerry data plan on your account.Please call your Carrier Sasktel and let them activate BIS on your account to enjoy those BlackBerry Services.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.