Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerryCurve 8520
My Carrier: BlackBerry

reload software 513

when i am connect my curve 8520 my lapi that time cell phone turn off than after i start it showing reload software:513 may be i put wrong password many time so please help me to start again reload software without going  to service center ................ 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: reload software 513

Hi sisodiya2008

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you try you can do it by your own , all you need is a PC and an active Internet Connection , to resolve your problem with this error follow this Knowledge base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

While connecting your device If you desktop Software is unable to detect your device then skip the first Knowledge Base and follow this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

You can find more information regarding this error here :

KB13003 : "JVM 513" error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

So try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

1st Step- i had download blackberry desktop software  ......... in this showing connect to device when i connect my cell phone with battery its showing error RETRY UDATE CANCEL , when press retry it showing retry again and agin but i am press udapte it showing repair that time it shwoing new error there was an error update yur software"a connection to the device could not be established please ensure that the device is properly connect to the cradle or usb cable and that the cradle or usb cable is connected serurely to your computer...........then run the application loader wizard again"  and show only close button  so how can i will .

2nd step:- I was do my self  open my computer open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader  double click on apploader but in this first time coonection ..............in box usb-pin showin some code and infront of detect communication port check box and next  so i did next but same problem ......

" if i did without battery it was same and on the screen of my cell phone only battery icon with red crosss..."

so please tell me how can i repair my cell phone .................

New Contributor

1st Step- i had download blackberry desktop software ......... in this showing connect to device when i connect my cell phone with battery its showing error RETRY UDATE CANCEL , when press retry it showing retry again and agin but i am press udapte it showing repair that time it shwoing new error there was an error update yur software"a connection to the device could not be established please ensure that the device is properly connect to the cradle or usb cable and that the cradle or usb cable is connected serurely to your computer...........then run the application loader wizard again" and show only close button so how can i will . 2nd step:- I was do my self open my computer open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader double click on apploader but in this first time coonection ..............in box usb-pin showin some code and infront of detect communication port check box and next so i did next but same problem ...... " if i did without battery it was same and on the screen of my cell phone only battery icon with red crosss..." so please tell me how can i repair my cell phone .................

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi sisodiya2008

If above KB fails to recover you should try something different , for that try those steps :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Please try it and let us .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.